Universal translator

Website Translation Widget

Cluster Maps

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Attack of the Killer Food!

I woke up the other day with the song Attack of the Killer tomatoes in my head and promptly wandered about the house humming the tune. It got the ideas of attacking food in my head. I decided that this list needed to exist.
Here it goes, my list of best movies with attacking food.

Poltergeist - the meat from the fridge. Disturbed me beyond belief as a kid. How could it not? I didn't want meat for months after that film.

The Stuff - could make you swear off yogurt for years. I first saw this when I was about 9 in Tucson with Claudine and her sister and mom.

Young Sherlock Holmes - the cream puff attack.

Better Off Dead - the food isn't exactly attacking, but I felt this was a memorable food movement for 3 reasons 1) the burger dancing scene is one of the weirdest scenes. It creeps me out to no end. 2) the mom's cooking of octopus 3) the moving dish.

The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters - I was reminded of this by a cousin. A prime example of attacking food.

Honorable Mentions: The Curry attacking in Red Dwarf, Pizza the Hut in Spaceballs. Both funny and interesting versions of attacking food.

I don't know about you but I feel I should also mention that I hate ads for food that have dancing or talking/singing food. The California Raisins disturb me as do the Chips Ahoy! dancing cookies.

So - let me know. What food in the movies or tv scares you?




No comments:

Post a Comment